USMA Cullum Hall | West Point, NY
Designed by McKim, Mead, & White and dedicated in 1900, Cullum Hall was the first Neo-Classical style building at West Point and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The building was conceived as a memorial hall and formal ballroom.
The scope of work is to restore Cullum Hall to its original character and identity, including restoration of the historic 19th century ballroom, Memorial Hall, and Pershing Room to their original splendor. In order to protect the artifacts, IDS, CAC and CCTV systems will be installed, and the HVAC system will be upgraded, and new fire alarm, fire protection, intrusion detection, card access, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems will be installed. A new elevator and new accessible bathrooms will be installed to make the building fully ADA-accessible. The lower two floors, originally officers’ quarters, will be fully gutted and renovated to accommodate USMA club functions.